Monday 3 December 2012

I Buy Things, Only to Put Them in Junk Yard – Is There Any Better Use of Them

‘In 1997, I got my first computer. I have always been a big fan of video game and movies so I used my computer mainly for playing video games. After sometimes, I needed a sound system so that I could watch my favorite movies and play favorite songs in my room’, my friend was telling me. He continued, ‘but, couple of years later, my computer and its accessories started looking too slow to operate and enjoy. So, I bought new computer. It’s now 2012 and I buy a new computer every 2 years’. He ended up saying, ‘I wonder why my things become junk too quickly’? My story with my mobile companionship was almost similar to my friend’s. Every second year, I replaced my mobile phone with the then latest one.

Dilemma of Our Lives – We are intolerant for Old Things:

We buy the things very passionately and when this passion drains down, those purchased items start looking like a total waste and junk.

I guess everybody around the world is doing same; buying new and throwing old out. Some buy furniture every 2 years and others buy vehicles. For some things such as dresses and clothes, I know, we can’t help buying new ones. But for others, I am confused why we all are doing this. I have decided to not to throw away my old things. Though I am not any artist, yet I am great collector of art from scrap relating to sci-fi art or even Movie Art.
Anyhow, thanks to recycled art that is creating balance between old and new. I am surprised with the height of creativity and inventiveness involved in Recycled Art and I wonder how these artists make so beautiful and unmistakably original pieces of art from scrap.

My Aunt and Her Views about Art:

I went to my aunt’s home who is really very refined in her taste for art collection. I don’t really know what exact definition of art is, but I like the way my aunt explained it to me. She said, ‘this world in itself is an art and everything in it is an example of art and the best art lies in things that are aesthetically pleasing’. She told me another thing, ‘the older the piece of art, the higher the value it has’. I don’t understand it even, but I like to see old things with more interest.

So, from that day, I always go for an art piece that catches me with its creativity. Following are my inspirations and I love to decorate my interiors and exteriors with these sci-fi art and movie art objects.

My Home – Scrap Metal Museum:

From front door to backyard of my home, I have decorated my whole house with scrap metal art. In my garden I have flowers and animals made of scrap metals, while in my porch I have bikes and tractors. In my home, I have tables and chairs made out of art from scrap. My stairs are decorated with photo frames and ceilings are decorated with pendants. In fact no part of my home goes without these objects of art.

Always unique and beautiful, these articles are really enough to impress any visitors in home. They look them and appreciate the ingenuity required to make them.

Have you ever tried to decorate your home with these genuine beauties?

1 comment:

  1. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! junkyards near me

    ReplyDelete